It's no secret that travelling a city by foot is the best way to get your bearings, and that's the idea behind Riverside Walks, a series of local walking tours throughout the spring, summer and fall.
From May through October, you can get out and explore the vibrant Riverside neighbourhood on guided walks showcasing its diverse culture, heritage and culinary delights — catering to a wide variety of interests. And best of all, it's free.
All walks are led by local residents and Riverside personalities.
Here's the 2018 Riverside Walks schedule:
• Wild Plant Walk in Riverside | May 5, 11AM-1PM | Led by Clinical Herbalist Danette Steele Register Now
• Riverside Walks for Doors Open Toronto | May 26 & 27, 10AM-12PM & 1-3PM | Led by Ron Fletcher, Jeff Butler, & Team Sheppard | Register Now
• Riverside Culinary Tour | June 16th, 11AM-1PM | Led by Chef Scott of Toronto Food Tours | Registration Coming Soon
• Riverside Coffee Culture Walk | July 7, 10AM-12PM | Led by Manu Kabahizi | Registration Coming Soon
• Uncovering Riverside Architecture | July 28, 10AM-12PM | Led by Historian Ron Fletcher & Barry Slater | Registration Coming Soon
• Riverside Public Art Walk | September 15, 10AM-12PM | Led by Anjuli Solanki | Registration Coming Soon
• Riverside Kiddie Costume Parade | October 27, 12PM-1PM | Led by Riverside BIA & Team Sheppard | Registration Coming Soon