It's no secret that travelling a city by foot is the best way to get your bearings, and that's the idea behind Riverside Walks, a series of local walking tours throughout the spring, summer and fall.
From May through October, get out and explore the vibrant Riverside neighbourhood on guided walks showcasing Riverside’s diverse culture, heritage and culinary delights — catering to a wide variety of interests. And best of all, it's free.
All walks are led by local residents and Riverside personalities.
Here's the 2017 Riverside Walks schedule:
- May 6, 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.: Wild Plants For Food & Medicine in Riverside – Led by Clinical Herbalist Danette Steele Register Now
- May 6, 3:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.: Riverside Pub Walk – Led by John Anderson of Toronto Food Tours Register Now
- May 27 & 28, 10 a.m. -12 p.m. and 1-3 p.m.: Riverside Walks for Doors Open Toronto – Led by Historian Ron Fletcher & Team Sheppard Register Now
- July 8, 10:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.: Uncovering Riverside Heritage Toronto Tour – Led by Historian Ron Fletcher Register Now
- August 19, 10:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.: Uncovering Riverside Heritage Toronto Tour – Led by Historian Ron Fletcher Register Now
- September 16, 11 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.: Riverside Coffee Culture Walk – Led by Riverside BIA & Manu Registration Coming Soon
- September 16, 2-4 p.m.: Riverside Health & Wellness Walk – Led by Nishta Saxena MSc. RD Registration Coming Soon
- October 28, 3-4 p.m.: Riverside Kiddie Costume Parade – Led by Riverside BIA Registration Coming Soon
- October 28, 5-6 p.m.: Riverside Ghost Walk – Led by TBA Registration Coming Soon