Ward 30 Councillor Paula Fletcher will be hosting the annual Community Environment Day on Saturday September 26, 2015 from 10 a.m to 2 p.m.
Head down to Riverdale Park East to collect free compost that has been produced from your curb side leaf and yard waste and organic green bin materials.
Neighbours are also encouraged to bring old electronics and household hazardous wastes for recycling or proper disposal. In return, you can donate any of the following items to benefit local schools:
● Art supplies (e.g. pencils, markers, crayons, etc.)
● Buttons and keys
● Clipboards, corks and cork boards
● LP records, CDs and cases
● Children’s books
● Costume jewelry including broken/old watches and clocks with hands
● Yarn and dress-up clothing (e.g. costumes, prom dresses, uniforms, etc.)
● 35 mm cameras and equipment
Please keep the following items separate:
● Sporting goods (e.g. skates, hockey equipment, bikes, rackets, etc.)
● Books (excluding school/university curriculum books)
● Eyeglasses, walking aids, hearing aids, etc.
● Small household items (e.g. dishes, ornaments, kitchen utensils, artistic drawings, games, etc.)
● Textiles in good condition (e.g. clothing, linens, etc.)
● Non-perishable foods will be donated to a food bank
Visit Paula Fletcher's website for more information.